CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
In its 36th year, SF Camerawork continues to support emerging and mid-career artists through imaginative and experimental programming. In keeping with the egalitarian organizational principles introduced through through last year's member exhibition, we are interested in seeing new works by members that reveal a personal philosophy or understanding of self-portraiture broadly conceived. Roll Call seeks to bring together a who's who of SF Camerawork.
Deadline for all work is Saturday, April 17th
San Francisco Camerawork, organized by Tanner Borskey
1. Exhibition opens: Thursday, May 6th
2. A reproduction of your contribution, name, and personal website URL will be included in the exhibition catalogue, available mid-summer 2010 via blurb.com. The catalogue will use the high school yearbook as a framing device.
3. Berkeley Art Museum Matrix Curator Liz Thomas will tour the exhibition and assign superlatives and honorable mentions (e.g.: Most Likely To Succeed) to some of the works in the exhibition. These will be included in the catalogue.
4. Artists' personal webiste URLs will be included on the artists’ links page as a resource for curators and arts professionals.
5. At the close of the exhibition, works will be randomly redistributed to participants alongside SF Camerawork Publications’ fall mailing.
SF Camerawork members with membership good through August—please visit this link for more information on membership benefits and becoming a member.
1. Flat, 2-D lens-based works can be up to 9 x 6 inches (vertical and horizontal orientation of works is the sole decision of the artist)
2. Include your name, email address, website URL, and mailing address
3. Send work to: Roll Call, SF Camerawork, 657 Mission Street, San Francisco, California 94105 USA (please no phone calls or emails)