|From now till 30 September 2019 (23:59 Hong Kong time; GMT + 8:00), WMA invites both photographers and artists worldwide to respond to the theme - Light.
Entries for the WMA Masters award and proposals for the WMA Commission grant must relate to the theme and context of Hong Kong.
The WMA Masters finalists and the WMA Commission recipient will be selected by a panel of renowned industry leaders in photography, art, publishing, and the non-profit sector, including:
Jury Panel of WMA Masters
- Zoher ABDOOLCARIM (Former Asia Editor, TIME)
- BUT Ho Ming (Trustee, WYNG Foundation)
- Clement CHEROUX (Senior Curator of Photography, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art)
- Brendan EMBSER (Managing Editor, Aperture Magazine)
- May FUNG (Independent Culture and Arts Practitioner)
- Yumi GOTO (Founder, Reminders Photography Stronghold)
- ZHUANG Wubin (Independent Photography Writer, Curator)
Jury Panel of WMA Commission
- Jacqueline FRANCIS (Associate Professor & Chair, Graduate Program in Visual and Critical Studies, California College of the Arts)
- Linda LAI (Associate Professor, School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong)
- Melissa Karman LEE (Education and Public Programmes Curator, Taikwun)
- Teresa MA (Trustee, WYNG Foundation)
- John STANMEYER (Photojournalist, Humanist, Emmy Nominated Filmmaker)
The WMA Masters Finalists’ works will be exhibited in Hong Kong in April, 2020. A full–colour catalogue will be published to coincide with the exhibition. WMA will also host a series of public activities throughout the year to encourage public discussions on the chosen theme. The project period of the WMA Commission is from March 2020 to March 2021. For more details, please visit wma.hk/light.